Important Information Regarding COVID-19
Updated: Wednesday 28th of July 2021
At No Gaps Dental we consider your safety our highest priority. We are closely monitoring the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak situation and are listening carefully to the questions and concerns we receive from our patients.
Under the COVID-19 restrictions placed on Greater Sydney from Saturday 26th of June 2021, providing dental care is an essential reason for leaving home, and our clinics remain OPEN. There will however be some changes in the way we operate.
What treatments can we provide?
Please consider whether the treatment you require is essential, or whether it can be deferred until after Friday, 27th of August 2021 or when restrictions are lifted.
Appointments for routine scale and cleaning and whitening will no longer be offered during the Stay At Home Order. This is to help reduce the number of people moving about in the community.
All other essential dental treatment will continue to be provided across all locations.
Can I make an appointment*?
YES – if you would like to make an appointment, please do not hesitate to contact us by phone, or book online.
If ANY of the following circumstances apply to you, we respectfully ask that you DO NOT make an appointment
- You have tested positive to COVID-19, and have not fully recovered
- You are waiting for COVID-19 test results and are required to isolate until you get a negative result
- You or a member of your household have returned from overseas (including being on a cruise ship) in the last 14 days or;
- You have been in contact with, or have been at a location associated with a confirmed COVID-19 case as classified by NSW Health (per the NSW website) or;
- You are suffering from any cold or flu symptoms such as fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, stuffy nose, loss of taste and or smell, or you feel unwell (regardless of the severity of the symptoms)
How can I cancel or reschedule my appointment?
If you currently have an appointment scheduled during the lock down period (28th of June to 27th of August 2021) at one of our clinics and prefer to cancel or reschedule it, you can do so by calling the clinic or use the Appointment Cancellation Form on the right.
For those cancelling due to COVID-19 restrictions, the normal cancellation fee will be waived on this occasion, however we ask that out of courtesy, you provide as much notice as possible for the following reasons:
- It is not possible to fill an appointment time by booking in another patient at short notice
- Your dentist dedicates significant time and care to treatment planning and preparation
- There are other patients who would have taken the appointment time if given sufficient notice
What changes have been made in our clinics?
If you need to see us for essential treatment, the following measures will be in place to minimise contact with others:
- Usual appointment times will be extended by 10 minutes
- To reduce the number of people in our clinics, we ask that patients attend their appointment by themselves. For minors or those who require assistance, a limit of one person can attend with them
- Your dentist will use their professional judgement to determine what treatment is essential
- Additional patient screening will be in place, including confirmation by the patient that they have not been to any of the COVID-19 exposure sites as listed on the NSW website (see above)
While we continue to uphold our strict hygiene and infection control standards, we have also implemented additional precautionary measures to minimise the risk of COVID-19 including, but not limited to the following:
- Are ensuring that social distancing is practiced in our clinics. This means that we are limiting the number of people in the clinic based on the current NSW COVID-19 restrictions, and the chairs in the waiting rooms have been placed apart accordingly.
- Have provided further training to our staff and dentists about infection prevention and control, specifically in relation to COVID-19, to ensure they are well equipped to work in this environment.
- Are taking the temperature of everyone that enters our clinic and screening all patients using the COVID-19 clearance form. Anyone deemed a COVID-19 risk is immediately sent home, and any dental treatment is deferred.
- Have introduced additional measures including more frequent and thorough cleaning of shared spaces and the use of hand sanitiser for your use when entering and leaving the clinic.
- From 4pm on 23rd of June 2021 until further notice, everyone in the clinic is required to wear a face mask except while receiving treatment in the dental chair. For instructions on how to wear a mask safely, please see below:
What can I do to help stop the spread of COVID-19?
PLEASE protect yourselves and your loved ones. Help stop the spread and save lives by doing the following in your day-to-day lives:
- Practice Good Hygiene
- Frequent and thorough hand washing (at least 20 seconds) with soap and water
i) before and after eating
ii) after going to the toilet
iii) after blowing your nose
iv) after coughing or sneezing
v) after being in a public place
- Cover your cough and sneeze into your elbow, or into a tissue and dispose of the tissue immediately
- Avoid touching your face (especially your eyes, nose and mouth)
- If you feel unwell, stay home and if you have any cold or flu symptoms, get tested.
- Practice Social Distancing
- Avoid crowded places and limit gatherings in accordance with Government restrictions
- Stay at least 1.5m away from others
- If you are unable to practice social distancing, wear a face mask
- Get Vaccinated
- If you are eligible, get vaccinated as soon as possible. This will help prevent the spread of COVID-19.
- Remember to get your booster when due.
Please be aware that the current environment is constantly changing, and we will endeavour to update this page with relevant patient information as the situation evolves.
We apologise for any inconvenience these changes may cause and we thank you for your understanding!
If you have any further questions, please do not hesitate to call our Customer Service team on (02) 8007 6727.